Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lifes like that

I am currently in the 7th week of lectures. Monday and Tuesday lectures passed with a blink of an eye. Sitting here, I am trying to remember what I learnt. Sadly, it is taking more than 5 minutes for me to recall. How weird is that that time feels like it is moving really fast here....

I was just wondering: Do I have OCD?
I cannot stand the sight of the dining table left unwiped, filled with things...
I cannot stand that there are splats inside the microwave and it is not wiped.
I cannot stand empty toilet rolls in the toilet.
I cannot stand things put at places where they don't belong.

I feel like I am becoming my mother. The numerous times she yells at me since like forever for not doing it at home. But, hey, we have a maid at home :/ No maids here for hire.....
My mum used to tell me, "It is embarassing to bring ppl over to an untidy house."
Yes, mum. I had a taste of that here.

On the other hand, I was brought up this way, while other people were taught differently and the house belongs to everyone. Can the amount of dirtyness be compromised?

On the brighter side, I might have ended up living with people who smoke, leave their ciggarette buds, ash trays lying everywhere, marijuana filling up the air, beer bottles strewn everywhere, the bad whiff of alcohol along the corridors, parties everynight, and unsightly wet, stinky, icky, worm infested toilets.

On another note, my Scottish buddies are nice people. I'm learning much more as I hang around them more.
Lesson to learn: Nobody speaks to anyone who doesn't speak to anybody. I don't speak to anyone I dislike.

There is a phase in life. I have passed that phase and I am moving on. Adapting and not sticking with the norm.

It is so cold that i wore my winter jacket the entire day at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess living with people is like that. It's a pity your mom didn't teach you to tolerate others' behavior. Probably next time, you could live on your own. Or, with your Scottish friends. Or publish in the news that you want to live with others who have OCD? Many ways.. my friend. Many ways.

GC Jade said...

Hi Anonymous. What makes you assume that I do not tolerate other's behaviour?

rose said...

That ,s the right way to go girl..keep your chin up when ppl pass unnecessary comment and stay above them.
Why this Anonymous person is getting too personal.. who does she think she or he is to comment on you and me. Leave your comment with your true name next time. Be brave!!

This comment is left by GC"s mum.. Mrs Rose Che

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...