Saturday, December 19, 2009

Serai Satay Bar@ Pavillion, KL

I've been meaning to write about Serai Satay Bar for quite awhile.


I stumbled upon this shop by accident. It was located right next to Food Republic, the food court, on the Mercato supermarket side.
I think it has been opened since December 2008, which was one year already. But I've only patronized Serai Satay three times.

I remember, the first time I set foot at the shop, a malay lady was standing in the queue in front of me.
I asked, "Have you tried the satay here? Is it nice?"
She replied, "Oh, I'm the owner."
I said, "Woops.."

Well, the conversation went on with her telling me the satay hailed from Muar and it was a family recipe.

The satay comes in a huge maroon coloured cup. Inside the cup, there is a place to put the satays and a mini section for the satay sauce.


I usually order the set, which comes with 6 sticks of satay and two sticks of ketupat with onions. They have lamb, chicken and beef satay.


The sauce is good. The satay's meat is good and not fatty. I think it is comparable(or maybe even better) to Kajang's satay.


There's also a short background history as to how the Muar satay came about.




Besides satay, they sell cucur udang and other malay kuih muih which I've yet to try.
This is a place I definitely think of whenever I crave for satay and it is nearer for me to go to Pavillion than to Kajang ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...