Thursday, December 11, 2008

Here I am...

buying time in Changi Airport.

The flight was pretty smooth..

My journey started by arriving at Richmond's Airport at 4.00am. My flight was at 6.20am so I was suppose to check-in by 4.20am. BUTTTT when I arrived at the airport, someone told me that the United Airlines counter only opens at 4.45am.

I was like, OMG.... I could have slept longer.


Then something happened...


While waiting for UA counter to open, I was rummaging through my luggage. When I wanted to zip the bag, the zip broke. OMG OMG.. heh.. that was how full my bag was!
It was a good thing I had a needle and thread in my bag.
I started sewing as well as I could while thinking of the bad stuff that could happen if my bag was opened.. like some idiot smuggling drugs inside, or stealing my precious stuff etc...

UA's check-in system was good. It's all computerised, that is, we use the many computers available, get the boarding pass, and the attendent just needed to tag our checked-in luggages and off we go. NO long queues.

Of course, the attendent saw my sewn up bag, and he gave me the UA tape to wrap around my bag.

Going through security checking, something happened again.....

I went through the sensor, and it beeped. I'm like 'malunyaaaa'.
I checked my pockets and took out th ehairclips which I forgotten was inside. FYI, the pants i was wearing had six pockets.

Then when I went through the sensor again, it beeped AGAIN! I'm like, "Whyyyyyyyy?"
To think that I've gone through this checking point numerous times (to Boston and Seattle), and I've always worn the same pants when travelling.

So, the thing that was actually causing the beeping was the packet of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate I had in my pocket. The packet was aluminium, that's whyyy... It did give the security guards, who are usually fierce looking, a good laugh. HOT CHOCOLATE!


From Richmond, I flew to Dulles Airport in Washington DC. I had four hours to kill. I saw Wendy's, so I ate Wendy's. I fell asleep for awhile and then I had Auntie Anne's almond pretzel.

It was a 14 hour flight from DC to Tokyo. Somehow my ticket was an Economy Plus ticket thus my seats were much more comfy than the regular economy class ones.

Throughout that journey, all I did was eat, sleep and watch tv ;p


I watched 6 movies!!! Amazing! Mama Mia was absolutely hillarious and the songs were nostalgic. Meryl Streep did a good job. She's old already but stilll can jump and dance around. Bravo. A complet contrast from her role in The Devil Wears Prada.


I watched The Journey to the Center of the Earth which ahd Brandon Fraser. Silly movie.


Then Bottle Shock which had Bill Pullman in it. I loved the movie too... It's based on a true story about a famous white wine- Chateau Montellena Chardonnay. After watching Bottle Shock, it did make me feel like getting the wine too ;)


The fourth movie was The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants 2. I prefer this a 100 times more than Twilight.Good stuuf. I think it was better than the first one.


The fifth one was Pineapple Express, which was bleh.. A comedic action movie = a waste of time


And lastly, Transsiberia. LOVED IT! AWESOME! 5 STARS!


Food on the flight was ok. I don't rememeber what I had already.

I didnt get a window seat, but it was ok as the guy next to me was sleeping like a baby during the whole 14 hour journey. But there was one time when I peeked outside the window and saw the sun setting. The sky was orange, reddish and blue. I was really tempted to nudge that guy to wake up so I could get a picture of it. But, I didnt :(


In Tokyo Airport, I had to go through the hand carry security checking. After queing for 15 minutes, the queue was still extremely long and I had only 10 minutes to go find my gate to board. It's a good thing this one guy told me to just go through the first class lane.. And soon after, all the other people who were going to be on the same flight as me followed suit :)


From Tokyo to Singapore, it was a 7 hour journey. his time round I ended up having a conversation with the passenger next to me. He was a French Canadian, working for the military's investigation department. He is only 24 years old, but he has travelled to almost every continent. I had the chance to watch Speed Racer, Wall E and Fred Claus too...

Everything is good thus far. I now have a few more hours before I fly back to Malaysia.

Gonna have the leftover turkey sandwich they served in the plane.

Hopefully nothing happens at Singapore's security bag check... I only have a full load of biscuits and chocolates in my hand carry, if that's what they want *shrug's shoulder* ;p

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...