Thursday, June 18, 2009

I saw the tallest building in the world

Ah Dubai, Dubai.

I was warned that the weather was killingly burning hot. Thus, I came prepared with two hats, two sunglasses and a huge tube of suntan lotion.

It was night time when I first stepped foot on Dubai's soil. The heat- so true. It felt like I was in a sauna. The first meal I had was lamb mandi (lamb shank with rice). It was really good and highly recommemnded.

At night,Dubai was not as bad as the day time. It gets windy towards the evening thus making it not so bad to walk around.

Being a desert means heat. Scorching hot sun and cloudless skies. Since it was going to be a developed city, a bus stop is, of course, needed. They have AIR-CONDITIONED bus stops! "Hellooo"*waves to Malaysian goverment*




On the roads, I could also see cameras which capture speeding cars. You can find it almost everywhere in Dubai.


There were abundant skyscrapers in Dubai. Rows and rows of tall buildings, most of them still under construction.







Dubai has the tallest building in the world.


It looks shorter than the Petronas twin building due to the cloudless skies and the fact that the surrounding buildings in Dubai were extremely tall too.

Dubai is also famous for their beaches.


Crystal clear waters.... But then again, the heat! OMG.. I saw some red cooked mat salleh. It was high noon and there were so many of them sun bathing or swimming at the beach.




I wore sliipers and felt the sand, and it was burning hot. But, they were barefooted!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...