Monday, June 01, 2009

Porcelain painting

First up a picture of the accessories sold at Ampcorp Mall's weekend flea market. It was beautiful, cheap and we could bargain for a cheaper price!


That was yesterday, and then there's today...........
Of late, I've been really in the artsy-fartsy zone.
I think it all comes down to the fact that:
- Science has always been 1+1=2, having to be meticulously accurate and precise.
-Dancing has always been about step by step movements, following the rhythm, if not it will be deemed awkward. Even free style dance has to be choreographed.

As for painting, it has no boundaries nor rules. A rose can be drawn as it is or as an abstract or just a swirl. It can also be painted black, white, red, yellow or any other colour, and no one will think twice about it because it is ART. Everybody - fat or thin, tall or short.. can do this hobby. As a matter of fact, this hobby can be pursued till we're old and grey! Therefore, I think it is a good skill to enhance.

I've taken up a new form of art. It's porcelain painting!

The designs we see on dinner plates, cups, tiles on the wall, porcelain boxes, etc were done through porcelain painting. I figured it would be an interesting skill to learn. Hence, today marks the first day of my porcelain class.











The art teacher, who is my mum's friend, has studied the art by working with great artistes in Geneva.
She has a son named Samuel. He is an adorable and I'd say bloody handsome two year old.





Surprisingly, he adores my mum. Today he called my mum, "Aunty darling", which made my mum laughed with glee.

He loves posing for cameras too!


Heh.. a little side tracked there :P

The stuff used for porcelain painting::
1) Turpentine

2) Lavender oil and another solution i forgot the name.


3) Paint




4) The porcelain to paint on and a very fine paint brush.



As it was my first class, she taught me basic painting ie: I was required to sketch out fruits, leaves and a butterfly. Then I was taught the strokes, which I would say were different compared to when I'm using watercolours.











The results of the lesson today:


And the rest of it was homework.

I can't wait to learn more! I'm hoping to learn as much as I can within the next two weeks ie:before the semester starts.
The teacher told me, porcelain painting is a Never-ending process.

When the class was over, hunger hit me hard. It was almost past lunchtime! It shows how intrigued I was with the class :)

We tried this new place called San Francisco Pizza Cafe.
Nachos


Olive Gamber


Pizzaido


TWO thumbs up!

I love fruitful days ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Read with interest your experiences at the porcelain painting classes. Gratefull if you could furnish me with details and contact number of the teacher and venue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...