Friday, March 19, 2010

Pancakes

I have to admit, I am someone who rarely spends time in the kitchen to cook. When I mean cook, I mean stand in front of the stove to whip up something good. I am actually afraid of fire but I'll light a match if I have to, like for the bunsen burner in labs. Hence, when I cook, which I did say I rarely do, it is usually using the oven or microwave *thank goodness for technologies*.

So, what I've been trying to say is that, I only light fire out of desparation....

I WAS CRAVING FOR PANCAKES!

Thus, the need to use the stove coz I love my pancakes to be crispy.

I haven't made pancakes in longest time and here I was, doing it, to satisfy my cravings.

Unfortunately, it didn't really turn out good.
My experiment:
3 pancakes - Fry one with Knifes cooking oil, the second with Mazola oil and the third without oil.

It all looked burnt.

As for the taste, it tasted best with Knifes and really horrible with Mazola, and not crispy and too dry without oil.

But, eventhough it looked burnt, it didnt taste burnt :)

The following day I had a second attempt at making pancakes.
Mum's advice for Attempt #1:
The pancakes looked burnt because my flame was too high.
I should try using butter instead of oil.

I heed mum's advice and tadaaa...

It looked golden brown (for most of it).... heh, but I think using Knife oil still made it crispier.. n of course, more unhealthy :P

Conclusion: I need to practice controlling the fire.
PS: That darkest brown looking pancake was the last pancake. I was too impatient to cook it using low flame XD

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...