Saturday, April 17, 2010

Camera- Buy or dont buy

I went to the PC Fair today with ChiewVien, May Hwa, Ren Yi, Alex, jo lene, Marjie and Sophia.
The one thing to remember about the PC Fair is that, ones you enter the hall, you need to take the long route to exit. You are not allowed to exit the same way you came in. It happened to mar jie, alex, sophia and I today. We needed a toilet, and the guard told us the nearest toilet was inside the hall. Therefore, we went in, but another guard didn't allow us to go out the same way we came in. Hence, we had to make a huge round  while having to pass a barrier 'like the Great Wall Of China' of promoters wearing yellow, orange and black shirts aka Digi, Streamyx and P1 Wimax. Geez, don't ever want to go through that again!

We bagan our 'expedition' from the 3rd floor of the KL Convention Centre.
I was looking for a camera. I had Panasonic Lumix ZR3 in mind.

At Hall 1: RM1199 + 2x8GB memory card + 1 memory card holder + a camera case.
*I called my dad to tell him I've found the camera I want*

At Hall 2: RM1180 + 2x8GB Memory card + a camera case

At Hall 3: RM1130 + 1x 8GB memory card + camera case

And there were a couple of promoters asking me, "Why am I looking for the ZR3 when ZR1 is almost similar and cheaper"
ZR1 cost Rm799 but it has lesser megapixels than ZR3.

*Luckily my dad wasn't coming to the PC Fair so early*

With the end of me browsing through in the PC Fair, the bunch of us walked to Pavillion for lunch.
We ate at The Loaf, which was good as always.

After lunch, we headed to Low Yat.

At Low Yat, May Hwa bought her oh-so-perfectly-gorgeous Canon 550D for a good price!
While I asked the same guy who sold the dslr to may hwa, how much does the ZR3 cost = Rm1130 + 1x8GB memory card + camera case

Therefore, I set my mind to get the camera from Low Yat instead of the PC Fair.
*Called dad to come to Low Yat instead of PC Fair*

Then, my friends and I headed to Sungei Wang.
When my parents arrived at Sungei Wang, mum suggested to check out the camera shop there which has a helpful, dedicated photographer-salesman.

ZR3 = Rm1099 + 1x 8GB memory card + camera case
*ah so glad again dad didnt go to Low Yat to buy*

At the shop, dad started asking about the GF1 camera.
Then the photographer starts yapping and showing and describing the brilliancy of the GF1, even comparing it with the 550D and the ZR3.

After I think about 20 minutes, dad left me with the choice of what camera I want.

But then the photographer recommended the TZ10 instead of the ZR3.

Aiyoyo.. my head really hurt at that time.

I couldn't decide then and there because I had to think it through.
So, dad said to give me time to think.

Had McD ice cream and then head to T. Bowl for dinner with friends.

I still couldnt decide which camera I wanted.

So, i finally decided not to get it today.

Head back to Pavillion, and dad's advice was to get the GF1 first. Mum also agreed XD
I'm like, ok ok.. anything will do....

Suffice to say, GF1 coming home with me tmr!

Lets see how i live with a HUGE camera...............

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...