Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Glasgow: Imagine

While having plenty of time to kill while I await the final round of darts to begin, AND with nothing else to do in uni, an idea popped in my head: Google about Glasgow, Scotland

First thing: Glasgow's weather
Looking at BBC's weather forecast for this week reminded me to pack an umbrella into my suitcase.

Truthfully, umbrella was never in my check list of items to pack. The umbrellas in the car here is like, "Get one because every car has one." Thanks, BBC ;)

Maybe, if I left my umbrella at the hostel and it was pouring outside, I'd borrow a cone on the street, just like what the Duke of Wellinton (below) did:

Secondly: Glasgow in pictures
The first location I know I will be at is the Glasgow International Airport:

At the airport, I hope they provide free maps of the city of Glasgow:
With the map, exploring Glasgow would be much easier (and with a gps, even easier):

One place I know I will be depending on due to lack of cash to fly is the Glasgow Central station:

Feeling tired, the Glasgow Underground trains looks comfy enough for a snooze:

But, of course, before I head out to other parts of UK, I intend to explore Glasgow thoroughly.

Being a science student, visiting the Science Centre whenever I am in different countries is a must. I heard this place is MUCH better than the one in Malaysia:
Glasgow-ians are also probably majority church goers. Therefore, visiting a couple of churches and admiring its architecture should be interesting. Eg: Glasgow Cathedral

There's also the Uni of Glasgow to visit to compare with Uni of Strathclyde ;)

I guess if we ever get lost in Glasgow, The Museum of Transport Glasgow would be an ideal place to visit:

Shopping at the malls in Glasgow, especially when there are cheap sales, is definitely part of the 'masterplan'.

If we ever go cuckoo due to exams, there is the Glasgow Rehabilitation Centre, which doesn't look to shabby at all:

Lastly, getting around foreign countries is never complete without reading travel blog reviews. http://rocknrollapsara.livejournal.com/tag/the%20uk

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...