Sunday, July 26, 2009

Manchester United in Malaysia



Now about Manchester United's friendly match.



What made a non-footballer/ non- Man utd fan/ non-football fan wanna go pay RM58 to watch this friendly match between Man Utd and Malaysia? **span style="font-size:85%;">My brother even questioned me**



It was the atmoshpere I wanted.

Like i mentioned wayyyy at the top of the post, Man Utd had their practice on Shout Awards day. So I had a chance to walk pass the stadium and I heard the roaring cheers from the fans and the red colour on almost every seat. I wanted to be a part of THAT!


But of course, I didn't have any tickets to watch the practice or the match on Saturday where the score for Man Utd vs Malaysia was 3-2.
Unfortunately, someone had to go bomb The Ritz Carlton in Jakarta over the weekend and that was suppose to be where the Man Utd team was headed to next. So their trip was cancelled and they stayed on in Malaysia and had another rematch on Monday with Malaysia IX.

That was how I was able to (watch the match).. be at the stadium :p

People at the stadium were boo-ing the people who wore Liverpool or Chelsea jerseys. The fans were yelling, "BUKA! BUKA! BUKA!" telling them to take off the non-Man Utd jersey.
That was actually a scary sight. It was the first time I was in an environment where the male population was more than 10 times the population of females. Hearing their cheers and screaming actually sent a shiver running up my spine. The thought-"OMG, is a riot going to start?" -did cross my mind a couple of times.





That was actually the most memorable part for me.
The game became boring. I was yawning. Man Utd scored 2-0 early into the first half and the Malaysia team had many missed opportunities at scoring. They were so close yet so far.



I wasn't rooting for any of the teams. Basically, the best part about a friendly match was that we can cheer for both sides and not get killed ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...