Monday, October 18, 2010

Sunday - Car Boot Sale, Church, Group discussion

I just checked the weather forecast, n it says this Tuesday's temperature could reach to zero degrees at night. I've never checked the weather forecast so much in my life. I'm not sure if I prefer the rain or the cold.

Today I was pretty busy.
I felt like I had appointments after appointments.
After the steamboat party yesterday, Faiz invited me to go to a Car Boot Sale situated near Royston Hill.

KarMun, Wei Guang, Sook Yee, Wendy, Faiz, Chei Wan and I left the uni at 8am. It was a 30 minute walk to reach our destination. The compound was huge and it was an outdoor sales. I was definitely overwhelmed by the number of 'car stalls', each stall selling a variety of items, from children's toys to electronic items to clothes to bedroom stuff to books, toiletries, fruits, fish, meat and other food.

One stall that I didn't like was the one selling animal food. They sold dried pig's ears, bones and other smelly and unsightly dried stuff.
The stall I fancied was the one selling fresh fishes and the fruit stall.
There was also stalls selling jeans and food stands.













I am happy with the things I bought such as two storybooks which cost 50pence each, a box of grapes costing 1pound and two packets of chocolates for 1pound.

After the Car Boot Sale, I followed a bunch of friends (Weei Foong, Zi Fen, Lillian, Kah Lian, Yunn Shuen, Audrey, Kit Yee) to attend their Sunday church, which was a 40minute walk. I was curious to know what the people did on Sundays in church. Suffice to say, it wasn't my cup of tea. It felt like I was listening to a lecture, which I have enough of on weekdays.

Later at night, I had a discussion in my room with Wai Ling, Zi Yi, Woon Chit, Sophia and Lee Jing. I need to buck up on this part, as I was unprepared.

Coincidentally, I was with different bunch of people at different time of the day.
On a sad note, Hectic schedule begins tomorrow......

1 comment:

weather said...

here is the weather forecast from Global forecast system

snow rain maps

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...