Saturday, October 16, 2010

Weakness

The attempt for the month of October was not to spend money.
Unfortunately, it wasn't possible.
I did try......

The idea was to use up whatever food I have at home. I did bring tons of food stuff from KL.
But, there is this nagging feeling that those food were better to be kept for rainy days... Or rather, since I'm in Glasgow, it should be snowy days.
Winter is looming.
Currently, autumn is the month I collect and attempt recipes to cook - All for the sake of winter. I don't want to risk making cooking errors in the winter and wind up with inedible food. Call me paranoid, but it is going to be very cold to step outside for long during winter (It is already freezing cold now!). Remembering winter in USA where walking a few feet into the car was enough to make me shiver, I'm not really looking forward to the Glasgow's winter weather, which would be much colder.. Hence, the paranoia ;)

As much as I try not to fork out moolah, it can't be avoided.
Needed to spend on perishable goods on a weekly basis - Unavoidable.
Shopped at 1 pound shop.
Spent on clothes to keep me warm.
Gym membership - which is a neccesity, i think.
Spending on train tickets to get to a place was *OUCH*, BUT I had a great night at that place.
Then there are also events which cost money but sounds interesting....

I need to contemplate wisely as the other thought is, "It is not my money." I do miss the ease of getting part-time jobs. I've always taken pride in my ability to work, earn the cash, spend the cash on what I want, therefore finally able to really call it mine...

I set goals and I'd always want to achieve them. But, dang, this is tough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...