Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I like being chinese for the food :P

Y.Y. Famous Dumplings


Where they make the dumplings. The lady boss said we're free to go there and learn too.


We were served with cute tea cups. Very traditional chinese.


So small till I am not used to it. I had to refill my cup of tea so many times.


Sambal belacan which is so syok till I had two saucers of it just for me. They sell it in small containers too.


Lui Cha comes with rice and many side ingredients, which has to be added only when served. After adding all the ingredients, thhe green soup, made of tea is poured into the bowl of rice.









Mum loves the 'lui cha' there. But I don't favour it at all. I've tried it once, but couldn't swallow the taste.
I only go back to Y.Y. Famous Dumplings for their Cantonese chung and Siew Mai.

Chung. So tasty OMFG. It has a huge chunk of pork and a whole orange salted egg yolk. *squeals* One was not enough. So, I ordered another as take out for my dinner that night.


Then, there's the siew mai which was one of the best I've tasted. Good quality.


Below is a shot of the restaurant. Very traditionally decorated. Small round chairs with marble table.


The front door:


On a totally different cuisine,
I don't think I'll be back at Itallianies that soon. I've tried this fried squid in an Italian restaurant in Richmind before and Italiannies's fried squid was horrible. I ordered the salad. A lil' too cheesey and creamy to my liking.
SALAD


next up, lui cha at Sri Sinar, Segambut.....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...