Sunday, January 24, 2010

The weekend

Weekends right now has been reserved to replenish sleep due to hectic weekdays.
Of course, it wasn't possible to sleep the entire day away. I've tried spending a day just lying in bed and sleeping the entire day, but all that left me was a throbbing head when I woke up. More worrying was when after all that long hours sleeping and just lying in bed, I felt more lethargic, sleepy and basically energy-less.

Yesterday I decided to go to Pavillion because it felt like eons since I last hung out there. I did go to Pavillion to celebrate New Year.. but, three weeks of not going to a mall  feels like an eternity.

The current attraction in Pavillion was probably the Chinese New Year decorations there. The deco outside was filled with pink cherry blossom trees, sky high red lanterns hanging from the ceiling, and variety of flowers all around the main entrance. Inside the main entrance there is a man-made bridge with a four huge fake birds ( i think a stork) where many people stop to take pictures with.

Aside from the lavish decos, I saw some new changes to the shops in Pavillion.
Snowflakes situated in front of Tangs was opened. They are currently having a 'Buy 1 Free 1' promotion till 31st January 2010. I think it was quite worth it since their bowl portion of desserts were huge.
At the Food Republic, Crispy Popiah opened right next to Serai Satay Bar. I had satay for dinner yesterday.

Yes, the festive season is back again. Time really flies. It feels like Christmas and New Year just ended yesterday. Pavillion was packed with people starting their shopping spree for the coming Chinese New Year celebration.

As for me, being a banana, I told my dad, "The only reason I'm chinese was because I love eating yee sang."
Of course, I can foresee the real Chinese people shaking their heads when reading that, but it's the truth.
 
Oh well, it does still fascinate me to see people decorating their houses with all the red colour believed to mean prosperity.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...